The commercial use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) is an exciting new market with many possible applications from agriculture to package delivery, and disaster relief to infrastructure security. Gryphon Sensors is on the forefront of this emerging industry, helping to safely integrate UAS into the national airspace system (NAS) for public and commercial use in both domestic and international markets. Gryphon Sensors is creating the state-of-the-art solutions that will be used to safely manage this increasingly complex airspace. We need a motivated electrical engineer to get in on the ground floor of our fast-paced startup to help us propel this newly emerging market forward!
- Design and implement embedded software for remote sensing technologies
- Test and validate designs to ensure proper and bug-free operation
- Maintain and improve existing software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Analyze and model system designs and performance
- Automate and improve workflows when possible
- Document and clearly communicate designs to others (including engineers from other functional areas)
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Must be a December 2017 or May 2018 graduate possessing a GPA of 3.3 or above
- Internship or work experience
- Background and coursework in operating systems, networks, and database design
- Software development experience with C++ and Python
- Working knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Able to work and communicate effectively with others as well as work independently
- Experience or coursework with the following:
- Web application development
- MATLAB, Java, VHDL, Perl, SQL
- Digital signal processing
- Digital design using FPGAs
- Radar and/or wireless communications technologies
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.