SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a quality engineering manager. This role has individual contributor level responsibility for software and hardware quality engineering daily tasks, as well as, supervision for day-to-day operations of team members.
- Provide front-line engineering support (provide clear direction, make decisions) for manufacturing operations to ensure consistent application of quality techniques
- Ensure process assurance and product compliance throughout the engineering product development/realization process through production transition to production
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines (i.e. manufacturing and test engineering) to review validation plans and reports, engineering drawings, assembly instructions and engineering change orders
- Embrace continuous improvement initiatives and take initiative to identify new opportunities
- Objectively assess program risk and prioritize multiple competing tasks accordingly, driving corrective actions as needed
- Routinely apply statistical methods to identify opportunities for quality improvements
- Summarize data, draw conclusions and turn recommendations into clear communications and distribute to all levels
- Turn data into improvements by facilitating and driving actions from the analysis
- Drive and support transition to production processes (DFX, certification/compliance)
- Contract compliance/ SOW assessment and review
- Development of program quality plans
- Participation in design/change reviews, PCA/FCA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (electrical engineering preferred), computer science, mathematics, statistics or similar field
- 10 or more years related work experience; background in highly complex electromechanical products or radar/RF environments a plus
- Strong root cause analysis skills, and the ability to apply rigorous structured problem solving techniques (e.g. Shainin Red X & Six Sigma) preferred
- Strong data gathering and analytical skills using statistical software such as MS Excel, PowerPivot or Minitab
- Work experience as a quality manager or director; background in highly complex electromechanical products or radar/RF environments is desired
- Influencer; skilled at persuading, motivating and energizing others at all levels
- Passionate, personable, self-confident, and able to flex style to direct, collaborate or empower as the situation requires.
- Initiative; proactively takes action without being prompted
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.