SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a procurement director. This is a senior level position with responsibility for all purchasing and subcontract activities, including development and execution of an effective sourcing and supply chain management strategy in support of the business enterprise. This position will lead the effort to transform the procurement function to a strategic and value-added asset for the business while ensuring scalable readiness to support the significant growth and emerging requirements of the company.
This key role will be responsible for providing comprehensive supply chain leadership and support to engineering operations, manufacturing, and external supply network with a focus on material cost management, strategic sourcing, and supplier relationship management.
The position will require strong leadership with the ability to collaborate with business and functional leaders to develop and implement breakthrough strategies. In addition, this position will interface regularly with the company’s division and executive management teams.
- Provide purchasing and subcontracts expertise across all functional areas
- Establish and champion a strategic sourcing plan and associated processes that address the company’s procurement challenges
- Ensure compliance with government laws and regulations, and company internal processes and procedures
- Implement best practices in procurement and supply chain management
- Actively communicate/collaborate with engineering, operations and manufacturing leadership to leverage buying power opportunities
- Lead the development, socialization, and delivery of category strategies to ensure faster cycle times and spend reduction
- Lead the negotiation and business communications process with suppliers on highly complex, challenged or stalled projects
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and present cost reduction/strategic sourcing plans, activities and successes to company division and executive management teams
- Drive innovation and focus on continuous procurement and supply chain improvement
- Ensure all employees receive training in government and commercial procurement processes, and company ethics policy/standards of business conduct
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline, master's desirable
- 15 years of aerospace and defense procurement experience, which includes at least 10 years of leadership experience at the director level or higher
- Experience in vendor relationship management
- International experience desirable
- Extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS)
- Six Sigma experience (Greenbelt/Blackbelt certification desirable)
- Experience in successfully managing contractor purchasing system review (CPSR) audit(s)
- Experience supporting DCAA, DCMA and internal audits
- Experience managing and leading multi-faceted, cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, financial and management skills
- Strong internal/external customer and executive communication and influencing skills
- Track record of deploying successful procurement operating systems and tools
- Coaching and people development experience
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.