SRCTec, LLC is currently seeking a senior product support engineer to join our Life Cycle Management (LCM) team in North Syracuse, N.Y. SRCTec manufactures and provides technical support services for a variety of radar and sensor systems across a global commercial and defense customer base. The preferred candidate’s primary responsibility will be delivering exceptional pre- and post-sales technical support to domestic and international customers through product demonstrations and test events, product training, field support, and remote technical support, as well as repairing and maintaining business development capitol assets.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve product issues raised by SRCTec’s internal and external customers
- Conduct domestic and international customer operator and maintenance training
- Perform field service installation, troubleshooting and repair
- Apply technical expertise in support of business development, product engineering, and LCM services initiatives and programs
- Define and manage requirements scope, delivery schedules, and costs related to LCM projects and/or SRCTec program deliverables
- Support customer field engineering or operational needs with swift action which may include immediate dispatch to a customer’s site
- Contribute to the development of written proposals to include requests for information, requests for proposal, rough orders of magnitude, and basis of estimates
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and leadership within the product support engineering team
Security Clearance Requirements
- Master’s degree with three or more (3+) years, or bachelor’s degree with eight or more (8+) years of experience in a technical discipline, computer science, mathematics, computational mathematics, or a similar technical field (equivalent combination of education, training, and commercial or military experience considered)
- Practical systems engineering or technician experience working with radar systems, communications systems, radio frequency (RF)-based systems, navigation systems, or other complex electronics technology, and a firm understanding of transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP) networking
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills using a variety of test equipment including network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Ability to understand and interpret electronic schematics, electronic drawings, mechanical drawings, test and assembly instructions, and specifications and engineering documents
- Must possess basic computer application skills including MS Office suite
- Highly professional verbal and written communication skills and customer service aptitude
- Experience and proven success as a technical trainer including theory, operations and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to develop and/or critically review technical documentation including DoD technical manuals and training curricula
- Experienced in effectively managing projects (e.g., scope, schedule, cost)
- Strong leadership/mentoring skills
- Effectively able to work with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Meet physical occupational requirements including the ability to lift, move and walk with a minimum of 40 pounds, and ability to obtain tower climbing certification
- 20-30 percent travel is required domestically and internationally
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.