SRC is seeking an entry-level research scientist for current efforts in our environmental health analysis business area. This is an office-based position that will support various programs for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and related agencies. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and successful organization, continuing to build on SRC’s reputation as an important contributor in our nation’s efforts to respond to emergencies and to protect our people and environment.
- Work with senior science staff members to collect, compile, and process data and produce technical risk assessment, toxicology, and/or chemistry documents
- Populate information systems with data related to the health and environmental effects of chemicals
- Provide word processing of scientific documents while adhering to guidelines provided by sponsors specifying format, technical, and/or grammar requirements
- In-house library support, including reference management, shelving, and database maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in biology, environmental science, chemistry, or related science
- Motivated team player who is organized, pays attention to details, and is able to work independently when needed
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate results and findings within a dynamic multi-disciplinary team of SRC scientists
- MS Access and Endnote experience a plus
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.