Ft. Belvoir, VA US
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a system engineer with hands-on experience creating, deploying and optimizing large-scale data systems, providing on-site support to one of our government customers located in Ft. Belvoir, Va.
The ideal candidate will bring strong technical experience with big data systems/technologies and have a strong track record of deployment, maintenance and optimization of production code.
As a system engineer, you will be responsible for creating, deploying and optimizing large-scale data, while being able to effectively collaborate and communicate with others. In addition, you will collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists, software engineers, and other researchers in the DoD and industry. As a member of our team, it is vital that you can think outside the box and bring innovative and cutting-edge technology and techniques to the table daily. Your expertise at SRC in big data analytics will help develop the next generation of military, cyber and critical infrastructure defenses.
- Create robust, high-volume production systems/architectures and develop prototypes quickly
- Work with development teams to design maintenance and support strategies
- Create optimized workflows using relevant technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Elastic Search, Kafka)
- Create architectural workflows, diagrams and specification documents to help define platform features/functionality
- Perform experiments and analyze results to improve the performance and quality of algorithms
- Work with product management and executive stakeholders to take detailed requirements and implement them using Agile test-driven techniques
- Work in an organized, team-oriented environment with shared responsibilities
- Participate in trend, pattern and statistical analysis
- Participate in analysis of structured and unstructured data
- Work independently and collaboratively in a project team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in systems engineering, data science, computer science, computer engineering, or similar field
- Five or more years of big data technologies and database design experience (examples include, but are not limited to Spark, Storm, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, Impala, Cassandra, YARN, Ambari, Elastic Search)
- Experience cleaning and manipulating data
- Experience with implementing algorithms
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in Elastic Stack highly desired
Security Clearance Requirements
An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance and current investigation are required.