SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a configuration management specialist. The selected applicant will be part of SRC’s Quality organization reporting to the manager of configuration management (CM). The configuration management specialist implements established configuration management disciplines within single or multiple projects to ensure compliance to contract requirements and established procedures.
- Support engineering and program management through facilitation of initial releases and engineering change requests
- Schedule, conduct and document CM activities such as configuration control board, CM audits, and problem report review meetings
- Ensure conformance of delivered software and hardware configuration items (CIs) to statement of work, contract data requirements list, program CM plans, procedures and contractual requirements associated with the CM process
- Responsible for CM planning associated with the identification, release and control of SRC products including documents, software/hardware, customer deliverables, etc.
- Develop, coordinate, maintain and enforce CM plans, processes and procedures to ensure artifacts are identifiable and maintainable
- Associate degree with two or more (2+) years of experience in CM and with specific professional development related to CM as demonstrated by certification (CM Certification and bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Practical knowledge of one or more of the following CM practices, processes and standards: EIA-649B, EIA-649-1, MIL-HDBK-61A, MIL-STD-973, ISO, CMMI or CMII is a must
- Working knowledge of CM/product lifecycle management (PLM) systems is a must
- Well-organized with good communication skills
- Working or expert knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Access and Visio
- Able to multitask and interact with off-site customer functions along with attention to detail and working well under pressure
- Experience with electrical and mechanical engineering documents and a closed loop change control process is desirable
- Must put forward professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.