SRC has been named to numerous state and national “Best Company to Work For” lists– want to know why? We are committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. We give you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a highly innovative and collaborative work environment – all while helping keep America safe and strong.
SRC is currently seeking a software quality engineer to utilize their knowledge of the software lifecycle to collaborate with all functions of SRC to ensure that external and internal quality requirements for programs and work products are understood and applied.
- Support the planning, development, design, and review of software and complex hardware work products and their associated build/test documentation.
- Participate in reviews for release and change-control activities during new product design and development; product sustainment; analysis and studies; and technology demonstrations.
- Work closely with developers and test engineers to ensure adequate planning, design, verification, and validation of work products.
- Support certification activities for CMMI, DO178, DO278, DO254 (Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)) and other certifiable standards as required for select work products
- Provide project and engineering management feedback on team performance through audits of program management, configuration management and engineering processes, as well as project-specific planning documents and customer requirements. This includes audit planning, execution and close-out activities
- Evaluate audit results for trends and support failure analysis and root-cause investigation that results in verifiable corrective action planning
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives of both product and process functions within the organization
Security Clearance Requirements Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, engineering or closely related degree and five or more years of software/engineering experience. Candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Two or more years related work experience in program quality, software quality or a process function.
- Experience with FPGA’s and hardware description languages is preferred
- Previous work experience with DO178B/DO254 (FAA) and CMMI is strongly desired
- Knowledge of IEEE 12207, Agile Scrum, or alternative software development model is preferred
- Previous experience with structured continuous improvement techniques such as lean or six sigma is also preferred