Electronics Technician/Circuit Board Designer (Entry Level)
Syracuse, NY US
Position DescriptionSRC, Inc. is currently seeking recent graduates, December 2017, or May 2018 grads for an entry-level electronics technician position. The selected candidate will perform layout and oversight of printed circuit boards (PCBs) for military electronic systems. Responsibilities
- Work closely within a design team to generate PCB artwork from schematics
- Use PCB CAD tools to perform placement and routing of analog, digital, radio frequency (RF), and power circuits using the latest industry standards
- Work with mechanical design tools (AutoCAD and Solidworks) to define mechanical specifications of custom components and details of printed circuit board assemblies including heatsinks, mounting frames, etc.
- Interface with PCB board manufacturers and assembly houses to fabricate prototype assemblies
Security Clearance Requirements Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Minimum of an associate degree in electronic engineering or electrical engineering technology
- Zero to two (0-2) years of experience in electrical or mechanical design
- Working knowledge of fundamental circuits and electrical schematics
- Working knowledge of PCB CAD tools, PADS and schematic capture tools desired
- Prior knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks is a plus