SRCTec has been named to numerous state and national “Best Company to Work For” lists– want to know why? We are committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. We give you the freedom and the resources to solve “impossible” problems in a highly innovative and collaborative work environment – all while helping keep America safe and strong.
SRCTec is currently seeking a results-oriented senior quality engineer. This position will be assigned to a manufacturing program and will focus on increasingly complex assignments that require investigation of multiple variables where little precedent exists.
- Provide front-line engineering support (e.g., provide clear direction, make decisions) for manufacturing operations to ensure consistent application of quality techniques
- Collaborate with other production engineering disciplines (i.e. manufacturing and test engineering) to review validation plans and reports, engineering drawings, assembly instructions and engineering change orders
- Embrace continuous improvement initiatives and take initiative to identify opportunities within the management system
- Objectively assess program risk and prioritize multiple competing tasks accordingly, driving corrective actions as needed
- Routinely apply statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for quality improvements
- Summarize data, draw conclusions, and turn recommendations into clear communications to be distributed to all levels of the organization
- Turn data into improvements by facilitating and driving actions from the analysis
- Work with quality control lead to develop innovative product verification techniques that ensure consistent output quality, maximize process velocity, and minimize program costs
- Provide disposition and facilitate concessions for nonconforming outputs as part of the material review board
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (electrical engineering preferred), computer science, mathematics, statistics or similar field
- Six or more years of related work experience; background in highly complex electromechanical products or radar/radio frequency (RF) environments a plus
- Strong root cause analysis skills and the ability to apply rigorous structured problem solving techniques (e.g. Shainin Red X and Six Sigma) preferred
- Strong data gathering and analytical skills using statistical software such as MS Excel, PowerPivot or Minitab
- Influence and positive impact through skill at persuading, motivating and energizing others at all levels
- Passionate, personable, self-confident and able to flex style to direct, collaborate or empower as the situation requires
- Initiative to proactively take action without being prompted
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.