SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a software developer in the San Antonio, Texas area that specializes in web-based, Java and database technologies. The selected candidate will provide technical leadership and hands-on software development and lifecycle support at Lackland AFB.
- Collaborate on the design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of multiple software development projects
- Participate in design control activities related to the software development process, particularly from a requirements-driven perspective
- Assess level of effort for tasks and projects when needed
- Report status of technical work and project progress
- Work independently and collaboratively in a geographically spread team
- Plan and conduct software tests
- Understand key business processes and stakeholder needs
Security Clearance Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related degree
- Applied knowledge and experience (three to five years minimum) as a software developer on Java web-based projects connecting to a database backend (preferably Oracle, MySQL, or PostegreSQL)
- Developer experience in several of the following technologies preferred: SQL, JDBC, Java, Java script, XML, Spring/Hibernate
- Knowledge and experience with relational database design
- Experience working in Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with APEX (Oracle’s Application Express), Microsoft SharePoint, JBoss or Tomcat a plus
An active Secret security clearance and current investigation are required.