SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an entry-level scientist. As a scientist, you will support various programs for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and related agencies. This is an office-based position that involves reading and evaluating published and unpublished scientific information and data and producing written work products, as well as performing various modeling and statistical analyses using appropriate software packages.
- Perform various evaluations of environmental chemistry and toxicity data under the direction of more senior scientists
- Screen literature searches to identify scientific literature articles that are relevant to task requirements, and work with information scientists to retrieve those articles
- Perform benchmark dose modeling (BMD) using appropriate EPA software
- Enter data concerning chemical properties, toxicity, environmental behavior, etc. into commercial and proprietary data bases following appropriate formatting and quality control practices
- Bachelor’s degree in toxicology, epidemiology, biology, biochemistry, environmental health, public health, biostatistics, or related field
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others as part of a project team
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with toxicology and chemical risk assessment principles
- Master’s degree
- Experience with Statistical Analysis System (SAS) statistical software and/or Microsoft Access
- Familiarity with benchmark dose modeling (BMD)
- Scientific/technical writing experience
- Experience with literature search screening, including identifying relevant papers based on review of abstracts
- Course work in toxicology, epidemiology, statistics, physiology, biochemistry, or organic chemistry
- Experience working with EPA or related public health/environmental agencies
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a US citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.