The unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) market is a new, rapidly growing powerhouse of activity with many beneficial applications already underway including product deliveries, mapping, filming movies, disaster relief, weather monitoring, surveillance, and entertainment – with new applications being dreamed up every day. In the U.S. alone it is expected to become an $82.1 billion industry by 2025. Gryphon Sensor's mission is to enable this enormous potential by facilitating the safe integration of these UAS into the national and international airspace.
Gryphon Sensors is creating the state-of-the-art solutions that will be used to safely manage this increasingly complex airspace. We need a motivated applications engineer to join our fast-paced startup and help us propel this newly emerging market forward!
- Assist in oversight and management of program activities along with articulating technology and product offerings to both business and technical users
- Listen to, understand, and convey requirements derived from customers and other vendor specifications; draft and review system specifications and other design-related documentation; participate in hardware and software design reviews and technical meetings
- Investigate the application of commercial technology to meet customer requirements including architecture, requirements definition, interfacing with subcontractors, and working with a variety of engineering disciplines
- Support marketing activities including proposal development, scheduling, cost estimating, new business briefings, and product demonstrations
- Respond to functional and technical elements of requests for information (RFIs)/requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Collaborate with teams across a diverse set of functional and technical disciplines including radio frequency (RF), networking, electrical engineering, computer programming, program management, and business development
- Travel to project sites to perform program kick-offs, site surveys, system installations, site integration, training services, acceptance testing of new system deployments, and product maintenance
- Participate in development and demonstration of new technology including defining technology roadmaps and defining technical elements of strategy, product demonstration development, scheduling, and execution
- Bachelor's of science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in one or more of the following disciplines: applications engineering, field engineering, radar and communications systems, or customer demonstrations and acceptance testing
- Highly motivated and able to manage a diverse set of parallel tasks while clearly communicating and collaborating with a functionally diverse set of stakeholders including customers, business development, program management, and engineering
- Must have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills that can be tailored to a variety of audiences
- Approximately 50 percent travel required
- Master's degree
- Experience with the military
- Experience with radar and/or wireless communications technologies
- UNIX/Linux based operating systems
- C/C++, Matlab, Python and other software development skills
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.