Ft. Belvoir, VA US
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a big data engineer with hands-on experience creating, deploying and optimizing large-scale data systems, providing on-site support to one of our government customers located in Ft Belvoir, Va.
The ideal candidate will bring strong technical experience with big data systems/technologies and have a strong track record of deployment, maintenance and optimization of production code.
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for creating, deploying and optimizing large-scale data, while being able to effectively collaborate and communicate with others. In addition, you will collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists, software engineers, and other researchers in the DoD and industry. As a member of our team, it is vital that you can think outside the box and bring innovative and cutting-edge technology and techniques to the table daily. Your expertise at SRC in big data analytics will help develop the next generation of military, cyber and critical infrastructure defenses.
- Create robust, high-volume production systems/architectures and develop prototypes quickly
- Work with development teams to design maintenance and support strategies
- Create optimized workflows using relevant technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Elastic Search, Kafka)
- Create architectural workflows, diagrams and specification documents to help define platform features/functionality
- Perform experiments and analyze results to improve the performance and quality of algorithms
- Work with product management and executive stakeholders to take detailed requirements and implement them using Agile Test Driven techniques
- Work in an organized, team-oriented environment with shared responsibilities
- Participate in trend, pattern and statistical analysis
- Participate in analysis of structured and unstructured data
- Work independently and collaboratively in a project team
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Data Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
- 5 or more years of big data technologies and database design experience (examples, but not limited to: Spark, Storm, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Hadoop, Kafka, Impala, Cassandra, YARN, Ambari, Elastic Search)
- Experience cleaning and manipulating data
- Experience with implementing algorithms
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in Elastic Stack - highly desired
Security Clearance Requirements
An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance and current investigation are required
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.