SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a systems engineer who will be responsible for providing on-site support to one of our government customers located in Southeast Washington, D.C. The systems engineer will support the user by documenting requirements, reviewing the developer's design and implementation activities, monitoring testing and verification activities and supporting operations.
- Work closely with program office PM to ensure thorough understanding of requirements
- Work with users to understand their needs and requirements
- Document needs and requirements
- Perform analysis to ensure the system and segment design will meet the user needs
- Develop briefings to explain analysis and requirements/implementation specifics
- Work closely with the development contractors to ensure their implementation meets the user needs
- Assist in testing of requirements
- Develop a detailed understanding of the system as well as a general understanding of all the systems supported by the contract to look for efficiencies and commonalities among the systems
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering or computer science or related degree
- Six to ten (6-10) years of experience developing C4ISR systems for the intelligence community and DoD
- Highly motivated and able to manage and track multiple diverse concurrent tasks while regularly and clearly communicating and collaborating with other members of the program management team and other program organizations and stakeholders
- Must have clear and confident communication and presentation skills
- Approximately 15% percent travel required
- Must have experience with:
- Requirements management (i.e. maintaining system specification and subsystem allocations)
- Configuration and change management
- Program planning
- Commercial software applications and tools for architecture and requirements documentation is a plus. Risk and issue management
- Program-level discrepancy tracking
- Readiness and transition planning
- Schedule management
- Master's degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering or computer science
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. An active Top Secret/SCI security clearance and current CI polygraph are required.
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.