SRCTec is currently seeking a second shift quality control inspector to perform a variety of product verification activities including incoming inspection, in-process inspection, product configuration audit, packaging/labeling inspection, and process auditing.
- Inspect received products using designated sampling and switching plan approaches
- Maintain material traceability through material history records
- Perform point-to-point product verifications using basic electronic test equipment
- Perform physical measurements using optical inspection equipment and gages
- Inspect complex electromechanical products at planned stages during assembly
- Use the electronic manufacturing execution system to capture evidence of inspection
- Generate and investigate nonconforming product records when required
Product Configuration Audit
- Use lifecycle management database to verify product configurations
Packing and Shipping Inspection
- Verify packaging and marking per commercial and military packaging requirements
- Familiarity with military packaging requirements (MIL-STD-2073) a plus
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Ownership: Assumes responsibility for product quality and identifies improvement opportunities
- Positive Attitude: Provides a supportive and collaborative approach to quality
- Judgment: Uses solid judgment and reasoning to make decisions and enable as the situation requires
- Initiative: Autonomously multi-tasks and prioritizes work with minimal supervision
- Influence: Guides and assists production associates to reach quality objectives
Candidate must have basic working knowledge of
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings, assembly instructions and test procedures
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Monitoring and measurement equipment (i.e. gauges, metrology)
- IPC workmanship standards (i.e. 610, 620, J-STD); certification a plus
- Circuit card assembly and inspection; SMT and AOI a plus
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel
- Electronic shop floor controls (i.e. electronic routings, signatures)
- Quality Management System (QMS) requirements for product verification (ISO9001, AS9100)
- Configuration management and revision-control of products
- Five or more (5+) years of related inspection and measuring experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). Applicants selected will be subjected to a background verification and drug screen.
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.