SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an electromechanical designer to work with a team of highly capable multi-discipline engineers currently developing state-of-the-art radar, communication and electronic warfare systems.
- Apply electrical and mechanical design and engineering best practices during the creation of complex mechanical drawings, parts and assemblies which meet system-level design requirements
- Develop interconnect solutions (power/data/radio-frequency)
- Create part records in database management tools
- Manage and maintain 3D component libraries
- Assist with the procurement, build and test of mechanical parts and electromechanical assemblies
- Associate degree in electrical or mechanical engineering with six or more years of experience
- Experience with interconnect design or fabrication
- Understanding of configuration management (CM) and design control
- Working knowledge of American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) Y14 and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards
- Experience with the design and development of extremely detailed mechanical systems
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical design, writing specifications, developing test procedures, and close tolerance requirements
- Strong material selection and construction method skills
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-1472
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D modeling, 2D drawings, or SolidWorks Electrical a plus
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.