SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a senior hardware engineer to support research and development (R&D) projects in the intelligence communications (IC) group in Chantilly, Va. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to make both technical and managerial contributions to R&D projects involving communications and radar technologies. The IC group is a multi-disciplinary engineering team, allowing the hardware engineer to make a significant impact on the operation and direction of the group.
- Architecting digital subsystems comprised of field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs), microprocessors, high speed communication links, and high bandwidth memory interfaces
- Using scripting languages such as Perl and Python to automate tasks
- Designing and testing custom mixed signal high-speed circuit boards
- Analyzing collected data in software tools such as Matlab
- Performing integration and test of new designs
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related discipline; master’s degree preferred
- 10 or more years of hands-on design experience in the development of communications, radar, electronic warfare systems, or other sensor systems
- Excellent knowledge of processor, DSP, or FPGA architectures
- Experience with circuit design, schematic capture, and PCB layout.
- Experience with a laboratory environment and the ability to use test equipment
- Ability to travel 10 percent
- Eligibility for clearance/access to TS/SCI, existing TS/SCI strongly preferred
Security Clearance Requirements
An active Top Secret security clearance and current investigation are required.
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.