SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a test engineer to test leading edge communications, radar and electronic warfare (EW) technologies. Opportunities include a wide range of fielded and prototype systems. SRC is one of the key companies developing technologies used to defeat radio-controlled roadside bombs and improvised explosive devices (IED). More recently, we have developed a state-of-the-art counter-unmanned aircraft system (UAS) system. We want to continue our support of troops abroad with innovative technologies. The selected candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a strong interest and expertise in test techniques and methodologies.
- Perform test-related tasks such as developing test plans and procedures, writing test reports, finding and reporting problems, and managing requirement traceability
- Execute engineering dry runs and formal customer testing
- Develop test scripts and test tools to support data analysis, unit test, integration test, system test, and regression test
- Perform all types of testing which includes software, system, performance, environmental and electromagnetic interference (EMI)/electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) for communications, radar and EW systems
- Participate in the test and evaluation of systems in the lab and in the field
- Interface regularly with other engineering disciplines, program leadership, and customers to deliver high quality products
- When applicable, train and mentor less experienced engineers in hardware, software, system troubleshooting and test processes
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline with three or more years of related test experience
- Understanding of radar or EW concepts and product development lifecycle
- Experience with the execution of software and system test activities
- Familiarity with test automation tools and test equipment
- Knowledge of problem reporting tools, configuration management, and quality assurance
- Working knowledge of Matlab, scripting languages, and C/C++
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of software process standards (such as CMMI, DO178) is a plus
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.