SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a contracts administrator to work out of Syracuse, N.Y. As a contracts administrator, you would support all aspects of the contracts function, including the negotiation and administration of a wide range of contracts. You would also assist in the preparation of price/cost proposals, and provide guidance on all contractual matters involving compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), supplemental regulations, and SRC policies and procedures.
- Administer assigned contracts to include all day-to-day activities
- Analyze contract requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures
- Prepare and submit cost and price proposals
- Participate on proposal teams for assigned efforts
- Assist the contracts manager with the development and execution of non-disclosure agreements and other standard and non-standard business agreements
- Respond to customer inquiries and communicate terms and requirements of contracts to SRC management and technical team
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customer contracting officials to facilitate business transactions
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date contract and proposal files as well as applicable databases
- Maintain high ethical standards toward SRC and the customer
- Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of experience in contracts-related administration or two or more (2+) years of other relevant experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers
- Experience with use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Understanding of financial principles related to government contracting
- Must be willing to travel up to 10 percent
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.