When it comes to your career, don’t just wonder what the future holds – define it. At Gryphon Sensors, we’re shaping the future of the emerging drone market with ground-breaking detection technology that will help safely integrate unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) into the national airspace. We bring together the fun, fast-paced spirit of a start-up with the strength and stability of an established company – and we want you to be a part of it.
We're seeking a database engineer to support the development of Gryphon's state-of-the-art sensor systems.
- Maintain design of database tables and relationships to support collection of large volumes of scientific data
- Improve efficiency of data insertion and retrieval via both database and application level tuning
- Specify and build scalable database server hardware, potentially leveraging cloud based solutions
- Maintain data aggregation techniques for geographically distributed real-time data sources
- Maintain replication and backup systems supporting multiple terabytes of data
- Maintain and improve data security
- Utilize automated testing and continuous integration to support rapid development and design changes
- Document and clearly communicate designs to others (including engineers from other functional areas)
- Provide database education and training to a cross functional engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- Three or more years of database relevant engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of the PostgreSQL RDBMS
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Able to work and communicate effectively with others as well as work independently
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Software development experience with C++, Java, or Python
- Web application development experience
- Experience with radar or communications technologies
Must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.