SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a senior-level software engineer to lead software development teams, architect system software solutions, design software components, and develop and test software for leading-edge communications and radar projects. Other work will include controlling graphic user interfaces (GUIs), high performance graphic displays, mapping tools to real-time software, low-level programming for embedded processors, driver development, and customization/optimization of operating systems. We engage in a wide range of software development projects on fielded and prototype systems. We are looking for engineers to be immediately integrated into teams to solve challenging technical problems.
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams on conducting system/software analysis activities to develop requirements and high-level design
- Leverage system-level design and requirements to architect optimal software solutions for mission-critical software in support of national defense, environmental protection, and intelligence gathering products and systems
- Serve as a software lead on projects to plan activities; coordinate and conduct software development; facilitate software peer reviews; champion process improvement; and engage in testing, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Participate in laboratory and field integration testing to validate software
- Develop high-level and detailed software design artifacts, presentations and prototype software for capability demonstrations
- Assist program management by providing input to schedules, supplying project status, and providing oversight of software activities to track progress and ensure successful project completion
- Support business development activities to include input to proposal development and costing
- Provide mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering
- Eight or more years of software engineering experience
- Proficient with object-oriented programming
- Software development experience with C/C++, C#, Java, and/or Python
- Advanced knowledge of Linux-based operating systems
- Experience architecting system-level solutions and designing, developing, and integrating systems/software
- Experience with various software development lifecycles
- Able to work and communicate effectively with others
- Able to work on teams as well as work independently
- DoD security clearance
- MATLAB, VHDL, SQL experience
- Programming low-level software for embedded processors
- Digital signal processing experience
- Wireless communications technologies or radars experience
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.