The drone market is a new, rapidly growing business with many beneficial applications already underway including product deliveries, mapping, filming movies, disaster relief, weather monitoring, surveillance, and entertainment – with new applications being dreamed up every day. In the U.S. alone, it is expected to become an $82.1 billion industry by 2025. Gryphon Sensors’ mission is to enable this enormous potential by facilitating the safe integration of these unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) into the national and international airspace. Our suite of sensors and algorithms are used to monitor the low altitude airspace and ensure the way is clear for the small UAS (sUAS) to perform their missions.
As an SRC, Inc. company, Gryphon Sensors, LLC is leveraging over fifty years of proven sensor system expertise to create the state-of-the-art solutions that will be used to safely manage this increasingly complex airspace. We need a motivated systems requirements engineer to get in on the ground floor of our fast-paced startup to help us propel this newly emerging market forward!
- Keep apprised of emerging market needs via many external groups leading the sUAS integration efforts, including the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and their related sub-groups, International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics (RTCA), the commercial sUAS community, and several others
- Be able to hear market and customer needs and derive performance-based requirements to guide product development
- Fully understand the requirements life cycle: creation, maintenance, testing and verification
- Be familiar with sub-system requirements for product components, i.e., lower-level impact of higher-level requirements
- Be able to work in a very fast-paced environment for an evolving market/mission space
- Develop software tools in Python and Matlab
- Perform analysis for requirements justification, test planning, and report generation
- Integrate and test high tech products at all phases of development
- Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or similar field with six or more years of work experience
- Hands-on requirements management for two or more years with good intuition on the cost of a requirement
- Positive attitude with high sense of initiative and prioritization
- Background and coursework in electronics, coding, signal processing, algorithm development, and/or mathematics
- Working knowledge of Python or similar language; Matlab assumed
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others as well as work independently
- Travel as required
- Master's or dual degree
- Use of formal requirements tools not necessary, but past exposure to them is a benefit
- Software development background sufficient for reading and execution of analysis tools
- Radar, surveillance sensors, and/or wireless communications technologies experience
- Radio-frequency (RF) link budgets and path loss modeling exposure
- Experience with UNIX/Linus-based operating systems
Security Clearance Requirements
Must be a U.S. citizen, green card holder or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). Applicants selected will be subject to a background verification and drug screen.
Who We Are
Founded in 1957, SRC, Inc. (formerly Syracuse Research Corporation) is a mid-size, not-for-profit, research and development company. We specialize in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Our core capabilities include: chem-bio defense; communications systems; cybersecurity; electronic warfare; environmental health analysis; intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; life cycle management, manufacturing; operational integration; and radars and sensors. We are a trusted advisor to many customers and have a reputation for redefining possible® through world-class, award-winning products and services that support our mission to help keep America safe and strong.
The SRC enterprise includes several companies focused on bringing game-changing technologies to the commercial and international markets in the areas of big data analytics, unmanned aircraft system detection, and chem-bio threat identification. These companies all leverage the long history of innovation that SRC is known for to provide customers with the best solutions for their most challenging problems. To learn more, visit visit www.srcinc.com/about/companies.
Why Join Us?
SRC, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization, without stockholders. We reinvest our earnings back into our company, thus improving the quality of our work, our people, and our programs. SRC is committed to providing a positive, supportive and healthy work environment. From your first day, your opinions will be valued, you will be challenged with exciting work, and you will have the flexibility to develop the best solutions for our customers. As a result, we have been named to numerous state (New York, Ohio, Texas and Virginia) and national “Best Company to Work For” lists.
In addition, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Highlights include: Four or more weeks PTO to start, the opportunity to earn six weeks PTO total, and nine paid holidays; 10 percent automatic contribution to your retirement; an exceptional, low-cost health care plan with Excellus BlueCross BlueShield; and 100 percent tuition support for up to 18 credit hours per year.
To learn more about us, visit www.srcinc.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Company does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other basis protected by federal law. In addition, the Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities and employees.