SRC, Inc. is currently seeking a senior system design engineer for our Electronic Warfare & Communications Systems engineering group. The senior system design engineer will be leading projects in counter unmanned aerial systems (CUAS), Counter Radio-Controlled Improvised Explosive Device (CRCIED), radio direction finding, or general purpose ground electronic warfare (EW) application areas. SRC is an acknowledged leader in the development of ground-based electronic warfare systems for the U.S. Army providing a spectrum dominance capability for the warfighter.
Our engineers are responsible for the design, analysis and test of advanced software-defined radio systems for CRCIED and CUAS missions. Engineers must be capable of leading multi-disciplinary teams, and breaking complex problems into understandable core concepts for explanation to team members and customers. We expect you to have the ability to take a concept from white paper, to creating prototypes, transitioning into production, and providing lifecycle support throughout sustainment.
- Supplying technological leadership for our teams, sharing subject matter expertise across multiple technical domains
- Developing trade studies, system architectures, innovative algorithms, system requirements, and design specifications
- Providing program leadership, giving guidance on managing cost and schedule for complex projects
- Collaborating with customers in the Department of Defense as well as in the industry to define system capabilities and functionality for future EW systems
- Performing system simulations, modeling and data analysis (via MATLAB and/or Python)
- Interacting with stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Completing system integration and test, starting with lab integration and concluding with field test events or customer demonstrations
- Supporting the transition from technology demonstration into products for customer delivery
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science or physics
- 8 or more years of experience required with exceptions made for relevant experience
- Strong technical background with at least five years’ experience in systems engineering, data analysis, or digital signal processing
- Experience with technical team leadership and mentoring
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Some travel required (approximately 10 percent) to provide support for field tests and demonstrations, customer meetings, and marketing presentations
- A master’s degree in electrical, computer, or systems engineering is preferred
Security Clearance Requirements
An active Secret security clearance and current investigation are required.